Has your home turned into a stock room? Are you running out of space in your office? Do you need more space to keep your valued possessions safe and secure? Are you a tradesman with a clogged up garage?
Suitable for commercial or household storage, SSS Self Storage is trusted by our many customers to look after all their storage needs. Our top quality individual CORE 10 steel storage units offer the perfect storage solution. Whether you are downsizing, a tradesman or an online seller, you are looking for archiving facilities, are a mobile Sales rep with lots of materials or you have simply run out of room at home or at work; we offer a variety of secure individual storage units.
ABOUT OUR STORAGE UNITS
- Our storage units were all purchased new, are purpose built and never leave the site. All units are clean, dry and watertight.
- All storage units are at ground level so you can just drive up and unload or load. All units are painted white internally and have a timber floor.
- Our sites are clean, well lit and well landscaped with wide access roads so you can drive your vehicle right up to your unit.
- Our storage units are the very best quality ensuring that all goods are protected from the outside elements.
- Units are coated in grafo-therm which helps prevent internal condensation.
- What’s more, in the unlikely event of a fire, our units are more secure than traditional warehouse storage because fire cannot easily move from one container to another.
STORAGE UNIT ACCESS
- Access is available 7 days a week 24/7 for customers.
- There is a single point of entry with an electric barrier and electric gate. Our electronic entry system allows easy access for our customers.
Choose the right size self-storage unit for you.
Estimating how much space you will need for your storage items can be much simpler if you know exactly what you want to store. Here are some simple steps to help you plan, and some size recommendations based on commonly-stored items.
Step 1: Start by making a list of the items you plan to store.
Step 2: Group the items according to how you will organize them.
Start by identifying items that will be packed in boxes and stacked. Next, prioritize boxed items you will want to access most frequently (they’ll go closer to the front of the unit). Then group by fragility or weight – heavier, sturdier items should be stored on the bottom of stacked items, fragile items on top. Then consider awkwardly-sized items that won’t stack well, including how often you will need to use them, and how heavy they are.
Step 3: Make note of how these items will be packed and organized in your unit.
Boxes and containers should be of uniform size, and should be stacked no more than three- or four-high, depending on the size and strength of the containers you use. At SSS Secure Self Storage, our customers often use heavy-duty plastic stackable storage boxes for easy access to stored items.
WHEN YOU STORE
- Don’t forget to use valuable space inside drawers and larger items, such as wardrobes to store small items: towels, linens, toys, etc.
- If possible, disassemble large items such as bed frames, tables, and large furniture, and don’t forget to keep all parts (screws and smaller items) together by taping them securely to the item.
- Wrap furniture legs with protective bubble wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching.
- Label boxes on all sides for easy identification.
- Make sure fragile boxes are placed on top of heavier, less delicate boxes. Be sure not to over pack boxes as they can become heavy and dangerous.
- Place frequently accessed items towards the front of your unit. Less frequently needed items should be placed toward the rear of your unit.
- Boxes that are tightly sealed with packing tape will prevent dust from entering.
- Use furniture covers or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit.
- If you anticipate needing access to goods stored at the rear of your unit then it can be a good idea to leave a walkway down the center so that everything is within reach.
- Do not store anything flammable (such as paint or other chemicals) or perishable. See our ‘What Can’t I store’ list.
- Drain any fluids prior to storing lawnmower and other equipment; do not inadvertently store hazardous or combustible materials.
WHAT CAN’T I STORE
We are not able to store any of the following;
- Toxic, polluted or contaminated goods
- Firearms, munitions or explosives
- Radioactive Materials
- Flammable or hazardous goods
- Living plants or animals
- Cash or securities
- Illegal goods
- Food or perishable goods (unless approved by us in advance)
- Compressed Gas
SSS Secure Self Storage offer NEW Shipping Containers at competitive prices from £10 per week. We are a friendly, family run business and would be happy to discuss your needs and give you a free no obligation quotation for you to consider as well as answer any other questions you might have.
SSS Secure Self Storage was set up in 2006, specifically to offer storage facilities to homeowners and businesses in the local area and far beyond, by offering a central location ideal for serving the whole of the county. Our flexible service enables us to provide storage for a wide range of customers, and our aim is to build an excellent reputation within the industry, by giving the customers secure storage backed up with state of the art access controls and strive to offer the best possible back up, help and advice to our customers.
Our aim is to be accessible and secure, creating the ideal place for you to store your additional stocks, property and belongings, which is why we offer:
- Discounts for multiple container rentals
- Your sixth month free when you pay for five months upfront
- Highly advanced CCTV surveillance covering the site
- 24 hour Electronic key fob entry for controlled monitored access
- Additional security containers with up to five locking points per container
- All containers have ventilation, essential for the protection of stored items
- Easy access containers all on ground level for your convenience – just drive up and drop off, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year!
160sq ft and 1280 cubic ft of storage suitable for the contents of a 3 bedroom house
- Full Cor-Ten Steel construction
- Double lockable cargo doors at one end and fitted with four locking rods ( 2 per door)
- Standard floor construction is steel cross members overlaid with a wooden marine ply boarding
- New improved lockbox for extra security to be used with 94mm Cisa type padlocks which can be supplied with all our containers
10 ft storage container size
8ft x 8ft x 10ft
640 cu ft
10ft container from £85 per month
20 ft storage container size
8ft x 8ft x 20ft
160 sq ft
1280 cu ft
20ft container from £100 per month
40ft storage container size
8ft x 8ft x 40ft
320 sq ft
2560 cu ft
40 ft container from £185 per month